70 years of history
The company was set up at Carcare in 1942 by the Perotti brothers taking over an old glassworks that was already automated in 1949 with the help of the Marshall plan.
In 1952, the plant of Vicenza was built with the collaboration of the main Italian producers of beer. In 1962, the management moved to the new plant of Dego where the original glassworks of Carcare definitively converged. In 1987,Vetr.I. was listed on the Stock Exchange of Milan and in 1989 the majority was acquired by Saint-Gobain.
In April 2010, it became Verallia.
- 1973 - The plant of Lonigo was built.
- 1989 - Acquisition of the plants of Gazzo Veronese, Pescia, Villa Poma and Silver (Vernante).
- 1991 - An experimental system capable of limiting dust in the atmosphere to 30 mg. per cubic meter of smoke was installed at the plant of Pescia.
- 1995 - At Dego, one of the first electro-filters was assembled, a purification system that allows to separate the incoming gas flow from polluting particles.
- 1997 - Fournace 72 is constructed in the Gazzo Veronese plant.
- 1998-2001 - The plant of Gazzo Veronese won the “Diamante Sicurezza” (Safety Diamond) Award.
- 2006 - On May 23rd the Dego and Carcare plants are the first to obtain ISO 14001 certification for environmental protection regarding atmospheric emissions, water reflux and diligent waste management.
Subsequently, all the other plants received the certification as well.
- 2009 - Lonigo was the first plant of the company in Italy that obtained the OHSAS 18001 certification for occupational health and safety management systems.
- 2013 - On October 24th in Rome, Verallia is awarded PRIZE, the Enterprise Safety Award, conferred by Confindustria and INAIL, under the Patronage of the Presidency of the Republic.
The award, directed to all enterprises and conferred according to risk type and company size, promotes the dissemination of the culture of safety and innovation and the diffusion of the best practices of those enterprises that stand out for their solid commitment to continuous improvement in regards to health and safety.
- 2014 - Fournace 73 is constructed in the Gazzo Veronese plant.